Color Theory



For this color theory project, I chose the primary color yellow. Although it's not my favorite color, I do find it incorporated in a lot of nature. One of my favorite times of the day is early in the mornings, especially during the summer. The sunlight is a golden yellow; warm and comforting. To me, the color yellow symbolizes happiness, warmth, ease, enlightenment and the beauty of nature. I really enjoy photographing sunflowers (as you can see in my pictures) because of their vibrancy, strength, and height. I think that the deepness of their yellow represents the energy in life and I find them beautiful to look at. During this [roject, I found the color yellow in a lot of different things- many of which I didn't find beautiful. The yellow lines in the street and rusted road signs were kind of ugly, but it was interesting to look at yellow in a different point of view. It made me think about how I find yellow in the natural world so aesthetic, but when it's incorporated into man-made objects it loses its value and importance. 






Comments